I’m Nicole Gillem and I have a heart and passion for helping others reach their financial and physical goals as a Ramsey Preferred Coach and Pilates Instructor.
I’ve been a dancer my whole life, have worked in the financial industry for over 18 years, and love my kitty Jete’, of course! I started Budget and Body by Nicole in 2016 because I knew I could help people achieve the same success with their finances and bodies as I did.
My mission is to provide my clients with skills and knowledge to either achieve financial success or physical goals or BOTH!
I didn’t always have financial success and a balanced body.
In fact, before 2011, I was in debt, living paycheck-to-paycheck and had no retirement plan. Did I mention that I worked in the Financial Industry for many years? Oh yes, even though I was successful in my finance job, I struggled with my finances personally.
Being a dancer my whole life, you would think that I would have the perfect body. However, the outside appearance didn’t match the internal muscle imbalances and pain.
Feel better and change your body.
I want the world to feel how my clients and I feel after each session. Pilates is so much more than just a strong core and long, lean look even though that’s an awesome benefit!
I want you to experience a CHANGED BODY!
Pilates a source of physical strength and a path to a functioning body.
I have danced since the age of three. After years of competitive and professional dancing, I had muscle imbalances, a weak core, and difficulty managing daily activities, this led to pain and a knee injury. During my professional dance career, I met my Pilates Master. He would bring bands to rehearsal and show me exercises. I began taking weekly sessions from him and soon noticed how my body, posture, and dancing completely changed.
My body felt better and Pilates became another passion, a source of physical strength and a path to a functioning body that I wanted to share with others. I completed my comprehensive Pilates training in 2009 and have been teaching private and duet Pilates and Cardio Rebounding sessions ever since. My Pilates training includes Reformer, Cadillac, Mat, Ladder Barrel, Chair, Band, Ball, Roller, and Cardio Rebounding.
Nicole Gillem graduated from Oakland University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Dance.
- Preferred Ramsey Coach through Dave Ramsey’s Financial Coach Master Training.
- Comprehensively trained Pilates Instructor.
- A professional career in Business Banking, Retail Banking, Investment Banking, Client and Community Relations for the Office of the President and Wealth Management.
- Formerly a guest dancer with Eisenhower Dance Ensemble, member of Oakland University’s Repertory Dance Company and a member of the Oakland Dance Theatre.
- Graduate of The Second City Detroit Training Center.
- Founding member of Patterson Rhythm Pace Dance Company.
- Primary dancer, assistant director and choreographer for the Center Dance Ensemble.